Please scroll to the bottom of page to get all the information available.
Please call us at 905.692.3464
Good news! Starting Monday, September 13 Glanbrook Community Services (GCS) is open for all transportation requests.
Masks are to be worn by both client and driver at all times.
All Volunteers drivers must have both vaccinations with the 2nd dose administered at least 14 days prior to driving a client. GCS will have a copy of proof of vaccination on file at the office.
All Clients must provide proof of vaccination by advising GCS staff the date of 2nd dose. If a client does not have their 2nd shot, then they will be required to take an antigen test a minimum of 2 days prior to their drive and show proof of test to the volunteer driver.
GCS staff will inform clients of the new protocols that have been implemented when they call, so that we can accommodate their requests.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to share this information with others.
Provides participants with assisted transportation services to medical appointments, dental appointments, errands, to visit friends, grocery and general shopping. Participants can make arrangements to the trip. Drivers will wait and can assist participants with purchases.
- Transportation services are arranged to meet the participants’ needs and schedule
- Round and one-way transportation is available
- Transportation trip is from clients home to appointment/errand etc and return – extra trips MUST be scheduled with office
- Drivers wait for participants during appointments and can assist the participant with purchases
- Prices are reasonable and standard rates have been set to local geographic areas in Glanbrook
- Out of town trips can be arranged upon request – RESTRICTIONS APPLY
- Notice required to book drives – please give GCS as much time as possible to ensure we can fulfill your request
- Clients must reside in the Binbrook / Mt. Hope / Glanbrook areas
Please note: An administration fee will be charged if GCS receives less than a 24 hour cancellation notice.
Transportation rates range from $8.00 – $19.00 depending on trip. Please call the office for further details. 905.692.3464
Email Carole Taylor – Program Coordinator
Winter Weather Services Policy
Please note that cancellation of any of our services due to poor weather/road conditions will be announced on local TV and radio stations (CHCH TV, 900 CHML and FM). Please check GCS voicemail for updates 905-692-3464
Our Office will contact all clients that have scheduled services on a first need basis. Please keep your walkways clear for Meals On Wheels deliveries and transportation services. If you have any questions, please contact our office.